Dogs are better than cats for several reasons. First, dogs are more fun to play with. You can play catch, swim, or just run around with them; whereas cats would rather sleep all day then play around or go near the water. Also, I think dogs obey better. You can teach dogs to sit, speak, and to play catch, cats are too stubborn and like to do it their own way. – Bailey C.
Dogs are so much more lovable than cats. When you come home they run to see you and make you feel really happy to be home. The way a dog makes you feel is happy, warm hearted, and lovable even after a bad day. A cat could never make you feel this way. – Vance R.
Dogs are better pets than cats because dogs are more playful. Cats normally sit around and do their own thing. Dogs are cuddly and so are cats, but dogs are sweet and loveable. Cats are always moving around and some cats dont like to be held. Dogs are better pets than cats. – Lori F.
I think dogs are better pets than cats. Dogs, first of all, are more playful than cats. Some cats are cuddlier, but dogs can be soft and sweet also. Dogs have cuter faces and sweeter dispositions. Sure some are mean but lets not judge all dogs on the behaviour of a few.- Dianna T.
Dogs are more playful. To me cats are lazy; dogs like to jump run and play. Another reason dogs are better than cats are that dogs can sense what mood you are in. If you are in a dog mood your dog will be happy and more playful than if you are in a sad mood; so dogs are definitely the better pets to have if you, like me, like energetic animals. – Sally J.
Top Ten Reasons Why Dogs Are Better Pets Than Cats:
1. Dogs will tilt their heads and try to understand every word you say.
Cats will ignore you and take a nap.
2. Cats look silly on a leash.
3. When you come home from work, your dog will be happy and lick your face.
Cats will still be mad at you for leaving in the first place.
4. Dogs will give you unconditional love until the day they die.
Cats will make you pay for every mistake you’ve ever made since the day you were born.
5. A dog knows when you’re sad. And he’ll try to comfort you.
Cats don’t care how you feel, as long as you remember where the can opener is.
6. Dogs will bring you your slippers. Cats will drop a dead mouse in your slippers.
7. When you take them for a ride, dogs will sit on the seat next to you.
Cats have to have their own private basket, or they won’t go at all.
8. Dogs will come when you call them. And they’ll be happy.
Cats will have someone take a message and get back to you.
9. Dogs will play fetch with you all day long.
The only thing cats will play with all day long are small rodents or bugs, preferably ones that look like they’re in pain.
10. Dogs will wake you up if the house is on fire.
Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.