Kensington Gardens, W2Packed tightly together in a neglected garden behind Victoria Lodge, on the north-east
corner of Kensington Gardens, are the graves and memorials of more than 200 cherished pets. It is thought that the first burial to take place here was in 1880 when a dog belonging to the Duke of Cambridge, at that time Ranger of Hyde Park and St. James’s Park was run over outside of Victoria Gate, and died within the Lodge. It soon became fashionable for pets to be buried in this little cemetery, and the graves of birds, cats and monkeys as well as dogs are to be found here.

Translate »