Who owns who?
If you answer yes for the more than ten of these questions, it could mean that the cat’s in charge in your household. Cheer up – you’re probably not alone!
– Do you select your friends based on how well your cats like them?
– Does your desire to collect cats intensify during times of stress?
– Do you buy more than 50 pounds of cat litter a month?
– Do you scoop out the litter box after each use? Do you wait at the box with the scoop in your hand?
– Do you think it’s cute when your cat swings on the drapes or licks the butter?
– Do you admit to non-cat owners how many cats you really have?
– Do you sleep in the same position all night because it annoys your cats when you move?
– Do you kiss your cat on the lips?
– Do you feed your cat tidbits from the table with your fork?
– Does your cat sit at the table (or ON the table) when you eat?
– Does your cat sleep on your head? Do you like it?
– Do you have more than four opened but rejected cans of cat food in the refrigerator?
– Do you watch bad TV because the cat is sleeping on the remote?
– Did you buy a video tape of fish swimming in an aquarium to entertain your cat?
– Will you stand at the open door indefinitely in the freezing rain while your cat sniffs the door, deciding whether to go out or come in?
– Would you rather spend a night at home with your cat than go out on a date?
– Do you give your cat presents and a stocking at Christmas? Do you spend more for your cat than you do for your spouse?
– Do the Christmas cards you send out feature your cat sitting on Santa’s lap? Does your cat sign the card?
– Do you put off making the bed until the cat gets up?
– Does your cat eat out of cut crystal stemware because you both watched the same commercial on television?
– Do you microwave your cat’s food? Prepare it from scratch?
– Do you climb out of bed over the headboard or footboard, so you won’t disturb the sleeping cat?
– At the store, do you pick up the catfood and kitty litter before you pick out anything for yourself?
– Do you cook a special turkey for your cat on holidays?
– Does your cat “insist” on a fancy Sunday breakfast consisting of an omelette made from eggs, milk, and salmon, halibut, or trout?
– Do you have pictures of your cat in your wallet? Do you bring them out when your friends share pictures of their children?
– When people call to talk to you on the phone, do you insist that they say a few words to your cat as well?
– Do you accept dates only with those who have a cat? If so, do you eventually double-date with the cats to see how they get along?
– When someone new comes to your house, do you introduce your cat, by name, to them?