Looking for a name for your dog? Why not seek inspiration in space? Our galaxy is filled with extraordinary inspiration for naming dogs. From planets and constellations to your favorite space movies, we’ve rounded up some of the most unique space dog names.
Male Space Dog Names
- Vulcan – Another one for the Trekkies, the home of the famed stoic race.
- Aries – The ram. For birthdays from late March to late April.
- Pegasus – The flying horse.
- Cosmo – It means “universe” in Greek.
- Astro -Greek for “dog,” and also the name of the Jetson’s pup!
- Draco – Not after Draco Malfoy, the antagonist and rival of Harry Potter, but it’s more for galaxies.
- Galileo – The famous physicist, engineer, and astronomer.
- Milky – After the Milky Way
- Neptune/Poseidon – A great one if your dog loves to swim!
- Rigel – A superstar
- Sputnik – A satellite
- Big Bang
- Jupiter/Zeus – The God of all gods, the largest planet in our solar system.
- Betelgeuse (Beetlejuice) – A constellation
- Zenith- the point in the sky that’s directly above you
- Taurus – The bull. For birthdays from late April to late May.
- Enterprise – For the Trekkies out there.
- Gemini – The twins
- Circinus – another really neat galaxy!
- Saturn/Cronus – God of Agriculture and the planet with the beautiful rings.
- Pluto/Hades – Mickey’s dog and the God of the Underworld.
- Mars/Ares – The red planet and the God of War.
- Nadir- the geographical opposite of the zenith.
- Atlas – The strong being that has the world propped upon his shoulders.
- Uranus/Caelus – God of the Sky
- Comet – Because sometimes your dog zips by at the speed of a comet.
- Centaurus – a galaxy far, far away!
- Aquarius – For birthdays from late January to late February.
- Mercury/Hermes – The messenger.
Female Space Dog Names
- Gaia – The Mother Earth Goddess
- Star – For the shining star of your life.
- Virgo – For a dog with a birthday in late August to late September.
- Supernova – If Nova just isn’t enough.
- Portia – Another one of Uranus’s moons.
- Libra – The Scales. For a dog with a birthday in late September to late October.
- Elara – One of Jupiter’s moons.
- Luna – Meaning moon
- Andromeda – The nearest major galaxy to the Milky Way
- Nasa – The federal agency for space research.
- Venus/Aphrodite – The Goddess of Love and Earth’s sister planet.
- Miranda – A major moon of Uranus, or the independent lawyer in Sex and the City.
- Titania – A large moon of Uranus. (Uranus has a lot of moons).
- Ursa – For Ursa Major and Minor
- Pandora – Saturn’s moon.
- Astrid – Gorgeous Goddess
- Ophelia – A little moon of Uranus.
- Bellatrix – Sure, it’s after a Death Eater in Harry Potter, but it’s also the name of a star.
- Halley – Named after Halley’s Comet.
- Stella – Without the “r” to normalize the name more.
- Hydra – More of a villainous name if you are a fan of the Avengers, but it’s also the name of a constellation.
- Ariel – A moon
- Astra – Female form of Astro.
- Beta – Because you are the alpha
- Sunflower- it’s the name of a galaxy.
13 CommentsLeave a Reply
Marvelous, what a website it is! This webpage provides valuable information to us, keep it up. Ruperta Carlos Hazen
Very informative blog article. Much thanks again. Cool. Wren Milton Yoo
Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and also the rest of the website is also really good. Deedee Bale Turnbull
Thanks for your own work on this website. My mum takes pleasure in setting aside time for research and it is simple to grasp why. We notice all relating to the powerful way you provide very important tips and hints via your website and therefore strongly encourage response from visitors on this theme while our own simple princess is without a doubt understanding so much. Take pleasure in the rest of the year. Your performing a useful job. Kelly Maxim Bremer
Magnificent site. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to a few pals ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you on your sweat! Cati Dicky Phipps
Thanks so much for the blog post. Thanks Again. Great. Laurene Greg Ghiselin
Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one! Ketti Jeffry Truman
After looking into a number of the articles on your web site, I honestly like your technique of writing a blog. I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon. Take a look at my web site as well and let me know how you feel. Roana Rustie Doggett
This is all great, earned, wisdom. All the best to you two. Cassie Evelyn Garbe
Terrific article! That is the type of information that are supposed to be shared around the internet. Mead Matty Bazil
Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes that produce the largest changes. Thanks for sharing! Jorry Jules Meave
Great post. I am dealing with some of these issues as well..| Vonni Micky Philipa
Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up.
Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow,
just wanted to say superb blog!