Naturopathic treatments have been used successfully on humans and animals for more than three hundred years. More and more pet owners prefer gentler forms of therapy with fewer side effects, such as homeopathy. In canine medicine, naturopathic treatments have proven their worth, sometimes in combination with conventional medical applications. Homeopathic medicines are used primarily for chronic diseases in dogs such as diabetes, epilepsy, arthrosis, cancer, and behavioral problems. Active dogs suffer injuries, bruises, and sprains, and more and more dogs are suffering from musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoarthritis. A homeopathic medicine promises a remedy: Traumeel
What is Traumeel?
Traumeel is homeopathic medicine. It is available in pharmacies and is available in various dosage forms. The drug is produced by the Heel company. The pharmaceutical company Heel, based in Baden-Baden, produces medicines and dietary supplements exclusively based on natural ingredients. Homeopathic medicine is available in different variants for use in humans and animals. Traumeel has proven itself many times over in the treatment of dogs.
What is Traumeel Used For?
Traumeel is used in dogs to reduce pain and inflammation associated with degenerative musculoskeletal disorders.
Areas of application are:
- muscle strains
- broken bones
What ingredients does Traumeel contain?
A close look at the ingredients of Traumeel for dogs makes its anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects clear:
- Real arnica (Arnica montana), anti-inflammatory and analgesic
- Mountain welfare rental, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis), circulation-enhancing, antibacterial, antispasmodic, analgesic, promotes cell renewal
- Virginian witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana), inhibits bleeding, stimulates wound healing
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium), antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing
- Deadly Nightshade (Atropa belladonna) – has a pain-relieving, antispasmodic, calming, antibacterial effect
- Monkshood (Aconitum napellus), analgesic, anti-inflammatory Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla), calming, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antispasmodic
- Comfrey (Symphytum), promotes wound healing, stimulates cell growth
- Daisies (Bellis perennis), metabolism-stimulating, antispasmodic and diuretic
- Coneflower (Echinacea), anti-inflammatory, strengthens the self-healing powers
- Sundew (Drosera), has an anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antibacterial, and soothing effect
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum), calming, pain-relieving
In addition to the natural ingredients, Traumeel also contains
- Mercury (Mercurius solubilis), disinfectant and anti-inflammatory
- Lime sulfur liver (Hepar sulfuric), anti-inflammatory and antibacterial
How Does Traumeel Work?
So far, it has not been possible to finally clarify how Traumeel works. Studies show that homeopathic medicine has an anti-inflammatory effect. Traumeel is believed to be able to reduce pro-inflammatory molecules called cytokines. At the same time, tests show that the production of prostaglandins is reduced. Prostaglandins are chemical compounds that occur in animal and human organisms, e.g. responsible for mediating pain. The combination of anti-inflammatory and analgesic components gives the effect of the drug.
The Dosage Forms of Traumeel in Dogs
Traumeel from the manufacturer Heel is particularly suitable for the treatment of acute pain. Other suitable preparations are available for carrying out long-term therapy.
Conclusion Traumeel in the Dog
Traumeel is a proven homeopathic medication for the treatment of acute musculoskeletal disorders in dogs. When used properly, it has no side effects and does not contain any chemical additives. Traumeel T ad us. the vet should not be missing in any household in which one or more dogs live. When playing, romping, and running, your darling can quickly get an injury that can be treated well with Traumeel. Arthrosis, which is particularly common in large dogs, can also be successfully alleviated by Traumeel for dogs. It should be noted, however, that the use of Traumeel cannot replace medical treatment. Large wounds and injuries should always be checked out by a veterinarian.
In the case of minor injuries, it is definitely an advantage to use Traumeel(R) ad us. vet available in the medicine chest!